a joint call, the newspapers and online magazines De Standaard, Knack,
Stampmedia and Bruzz Media were asking Belgians from all over the
country to sit down for a talk.
Het grote gelijk (The Big Right) was taking place in parallel with Europe Talks, giving readers the choice to meet either a Belgian or a European from outside the country.
For the Belgian event, the organizers were asking participants the following questions:
- Should driving be strongly discouraged?
- Is Islam compatible with Western values?
- Do politics work in Belgium?
- Is the #MeToo pendulum now swinging in the other direction?
- Are we too intolerant of migrants?
- Are you prepared to make sacrifices to save the climate?
- Does our education system neglect the smartest students?